Friday, April 2, 2010

March 29, 2010

This is a new preschool/music/tumbling/dance/daycare/etc/etc/etc school they are opening up not too far from me. It should be open in August. They offer group and private piano lessons amongst a plethora of other things. From what I know about them, I am highy impressed. I first heard of them because I got some transfer piano students who were trained there, and just didn't want to drive that distance anymore. So I interviewed for a position there. I was pretty much told I could have as many students, classes, days, etc. that I wanted. Yay! The only problem is that I couldn't teach privately anymore. It would be written in my contract as a conflict of interest. So now I am at a crossroads and have to decide what to do. I wouldn't make nearly as much per student as I do privately teaching, but I would surely have more students....and my kids could take music/karate/tumbling classes or go to the daycare while I taught until Eric got off work. It would solve the babysitter issue. Right now I give out exchanges for babysitting, and I only am getting paid for five private students. That is after a year of referrals and advertising. So.....I just might take the lesser paying job. I think I'd love having all my students found for me, having all the recitals taken care of, not having my kids to distract me, and I get to pursue an outlet that I simply must have in my life - regardless of financial benefits/etc. I'm still waffling though. I wouldn't have as much freedom, and probably not as many advanced students to start with. Decisions. Decisions. Decisions. I'm just glad that I have the option. I was an HOUR and A HALF late to my interview! YIKES!!! To my rescue, I-15 was closed that day due to a fuel spill and it took me 2 hours to drive somewhere that has never taken me more than 30 minutes. Grrr. So the jury is still out, but it might be a great thing for me.

1 comment:

kim said...

Good luck deciding what to do! I think its always nice to have some type of outlet, one way or another.