Sunday, April 11, 2010

April 6


So I belong to this singing group called the A'Olian Modes. It is a sextet plus two, and more often than not I sing baritone (yes, baritone) - or play for the group to sing what isn't a cappela. So crazy, I never pictured myself singing again, but somehow I got roped into it. It has been fun. We are getting ready to do some shows with lots of songs from the King Singers, and we are putting together a "Popera" that will debut with the Village Grill (dinner and a show.) Anyhow, we were supposed to have a rehearsal on Tuesday night for an upcoming show, but things got crazy. Instead of rehearsing, we spontaneously put together a game night. I volunteered my house, and Marcy and Annie came with the pizza and Kent and Lara brought one of their sons. We chatted about Chicago with our recently returned traveling friends, we played Discombobulation and Annie put the pizza in the oven. We started smelling smoke, so we checked on the pizza. Eric opened the stove and smoke billowed out. Some of the girls started screaming, I ran to the kitchen to grab my camera....yes my camera. My camera was out of memory, and by the time I deleted enough pictures most of the fun was gone. Grrrr. Eric picked up the flaming pizza and ran it out the back door and chucked in the weeds. My response, "What did you do that for? I wanted a picture of the pizza on fire!" Eric: "I wasn't going to wait!" So that was our pizza fire. Eric saved the day, and I didn't get my flaming picture, but I did get some great pics of the aftermath. I also learned that if my house were burning down I might grab my camera and pictures before I grab the fire extinguisher....so I hope that doesn't happen! Oh, and in case you were wondering how this happened.... don't cook two Papa Murphy Pizza's too close to the heating element, because they might burn. And this one wasn't actually my fault, but it sounds just like something I would do. Annie thank you for being like crazy cooking me! It was a fun memory.

No comments: