Wednesday, April 21, 2010

April 18


We are planning on planting some trees in our barren, purple flower weed infested yard this summer. So- I have been scouring the neighborhoods taking blurry pictures of trees that I see that I like - particularly conifers. There are so many different conifers to choose from, and I don't like the way many of them look (nor do I like the hefty price tags on those itty bitty baby pines that take years and years to grow.....) Anyhow - I am thinking of putting a columnar spruce or pine? Great, now I can't remember but I've seen it at our J and J nursery. Then we are debating between a maple and a paper birch to go with it over the bridge in the front. On the back and sides we want a fruit tree (Granny Smith Apple, or pear) and I ordered a fast growing Empress tree off the internet. I'm really excited about the Empress. It grows fast and has crazy big leaves. I had no idea that I would ever care what trees were called, but I do - just a little. I'm usually not into naming and classifying things, but since you have to know the names to get it at the nursery, I guess I'm getting into this whole name that tree business.

No comments: