Monday, April 12, 2010

April 7




So I don't really remember last Wednesday now...but I do remember lots of Thursday. So, I hope you can humor me while I post the next several days all about Thursday as if they happened on Wed. and Fri. and Sun. etc. On a spontaneous whim I drove the boys down to Baby Animal Days just outside of Logan. It was pretty spontaneous - as in I picked Cade up from preschool, realized it was cold and windy, and I had been to the gym and only had on shorts and a t-shirt so I went and snagged a pair of pants so I didn't have to go home and change - spontaneous. (More on my 97 cent pants later, though.) Anyhow... PROUD MAMA MOMENT!!!! One of the things we did at Baby Animal Days was eat bugs. Seriously. Everyone was gathered around a table where the students from USU were handing out free flavored bug treats. No one would try them. I told my boys they could have some bug candy that tasted like potato chips. So....they both ate them up. Cade really liked them. It made me proud to be their mom. My boys won't touch bugs, freak out at the sight of an ant in the kitchen...BUT they will EAT BUGS with no problem?????? They must be my children. If you would like to order some of these delicacies then check out their website: http://www.hotlix.com/ They look like ideal diet food...only 9 calories for the entire box, and who'd be hungry after that? We were privileged to sample the larvettes (worm larva) in the BBQ flavor. They also have some in Cheddar Cheese and Mexican Spice. I must admit the Sour Cream and Onion Crick-ettes almost got me. The packaging is hysterical to me - since they are made in California, I had to snap a pic of the dig on the back of the box. (Just in case you can't read the writing on the pic it says: Top 5 reasons to enjoy Larvets:
5. You'll give people something new to say about California, besides its the state of fruits and nuts! 4. You're entymologist friends will think you've learned how to cook. 3. "Tastes like chicken" will have new meaning 2. You don't have to drink a whole bottle of Mezcal to get to the worm. 1. Larvets make great party food. )

No comments: