Friday, April 2, 2010

March 27, 2010

Saturdays are never laid back for me. They always seem to be busy. This Sat. was no exception. I started at the gym, then came home, ran Cade to a preschool special Saturday Class Drums around the World. Then, I went to Staples to spend a gift card thing that expired in March, and then I went home briefly. Then I drove to West Haven for a reshearsal for Popera - our latest musical performance coming up next month. It should be interesting.....I'm singing baritone on many songs, and the songs are things like Living On A Prayer, Can't Buy Me Love, and Bohemian Rhapsody all sung madrigally/operatically. Anyhow - then I had to teach piano and then we had a baptism in our ward for some older children. After all this, I was getting ready to hunker down and watch some TV and eat a big bowl of popcorn. Instead, my friend Suzie kidnapped me and took me out on a much needed girl's night out. I was exhausted, but it was fun all the same. We ate pizza and watched the Blind Side. I'm not a big fan of sports feel good movies, but this one was okay. I'll give it that much. When I got home at 11:30 I found we were out of TeePee. So....I made a mad dash to Smiths. Grocery stores crack me up at 11:45 p.m. on a Saturday night around here. I walked into a bustling store where everyone was hurrying and scurrying. At 11:55 there were at LEAST a dozen people in front of me in the only open checkstand. I broke the Sabbath by checking out at 12:01. (For Shame!) I was the last person, and the store was now a ghost town. At least we got our TeePee.

No comments: