Thursday, April 1, 2010

March 26, 2010

Eyebrow Threading. On impulse, I was at the mall spending a birthday gift certificate and I saw this lady in a booth wearing her country's traditional outfit, and a sign advertising eyebrow threading. I stopped and got this massive handout paper touting the benefits of eyebrow threading vs. waxing. Now, I could really care less about all the supposed "benefits." I've had my brows sugared, plucked, waxed.  I will use anything - whatever works - as long as it takes the hair away. The biggest benefit that I saw to threading  is that I was somewhere without my kids for a few minutes. There was a big comfy chair in front of me, a lady willing to pamper me, the price wasn't too exhorbitant, and I didn't have to wait in any line or make any appointment. I decided to have my eyebrows threaded.
Never again. If you are wondering if you should try it - I will save you the pain and the money. It was supposed to be less painful than waxing. Okay....no! I practically fall asleep getting my brows waxed. I don't wince hardly at all with waxing and plucking. I've even bled and had red lids for hours afterwards and that didn't bother me that much. Threading nearly brought me to tears. It was pretty painful. Especially when I added the upper lip to the mix. It hurt. It was supposed to last longer than waxing. Well, it has been a week and I already look worse than I do a month after a wax job. Grrr. So in case anyone was contemplating eyebrow threading - go ahead and try it, but I'd recommend just staying at home and trying it yourself with some dental floss. Much cheaper - and probably just as effective.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Debby -- this made me laugh so hard! I totally agree! I was at a funky salon once in SD and had one of the ladies talk me into threading -- YOWZA! Never again! That is false advertising to say that it is relaxing and painless. I'm so sorry!