Thursday, April 1, 2010

March 25, 2010


Seasons change, and with that, I have this weird cutout that I can't decide if I loathe or like. I have been swapping out the contents every month or so. This is incredibly unusual for me. I am the kind of person who puts a picture up, and puts the couch in the corner, and it could stay that way for 12 years and I would be perfectly happy. I don't do change very well, but I do like to celebrate or recognize holidays. So, I spent the bulk of this day tracking down Easter decorations. I pulled the lillies from the basement and put them in my Christmas vase. I found this Charlton Heston Bible Book at Savers (thrift shop) for a dollar, and opened it to this Raphael painting of the Savior talking to his apostles. I found a cup that says Redeemer and has the tomb and the weeping women on it for 80 cents at Hobby Lobby. Then, I splurged. I spent ten bucks for a vinyl sign that says "He Lives." I've had all these vinyl signs I got for a dollar or less at garage sales this summer, but none of them had Eastery sayings, so I splurged. I went to the mall and twenty minutes later I got my sign. So whalllaaa. Happy Easter. I'm afraid I'm decora-bored out. I don't know if I'll be changing this up until the Fourth of July.

No comments: