Monday, April 19, 2010

April 14

Meet Zoomer and Swimmee. No they are not the waffle and whip cream, or the wallet and the tablecloth - they are the pets in the jar on the table. These are Cade's pet frogs. These are our recent acquisition from Baby Animal Days. I am not a pet person. I don't think I ever will be. Before I get accused of being cold and heartless, maybe I can explain myself. I do care about things, and that is part of why I am not a pet person. I get a little too attached. I hated my dog King Nick whilst he was living, but I mourned his death and his loyal patronage under my piano bench after he was gone. I feared taking care of my pet crab that I inherited when I couldn't say no to a friend who was moving. After thinking he was dead for months, but being too afraid to look, when he finally resurrected himself I realized I wasn't taking adequate care of Crabby, so I gave him to a better home. I still think about Crabby, though....and don't get me started on our fish Faymetta Hortense, and Edgar -RIP. On the flip side I LOATHE dog hair like no other, laugh at the thought of microwaving cats (not really, PETA don't get me for even joking please) - and generally am just annoyed with pets overall. So far these are pretty tame. They sit in the jar, they will only live about two years, you change the water about once a month, and feed them Brine Shrimp. Eric changed the water and Cade feeds the frogs. So....they can stay. They are exactly my kind of pet.

No comments: