Monday, April 26, 2010

April 24




I had my spring piano recital in the morning! Yippee! I don't have very many students, but the ones I do have are really fantastic. They all did a great job. They played by memory, kept going through any rough spots, and gave great bows in the end. I was happy how it turned out. We used the library auditorium for this recital, and I liked not being able to provide any refreshments :) I did give them all a Symphony Bar as a treat afterwards, but it was nice to not fuss with drinks and others junk. There was quite a mix of music, from Beethoven to Star Wars, and Grieg to Taylor Swift. I make them do some songs that are classical, but I always let them pick something they want to play too. In the end, I think it was a great recital. I got a teary-eyed grandma of some of them coming to me telling me how great it was. Quote: "My daughter isn't just wasting her money on lessons any more. She is paying for someone worthwhile." Even if she is a possibly prejudiced grandma....it feels nice to have your teaching validated. I love teaching and really do care a toooon about my students and their progress. Now onto summer. I am thinking we are going to have a practice competition this summer, and maybe just maybe some of them will still practice.

No comments: