Wednesday, February 10, 2010

February 6


Today was supposed to be Cade's birthday party....but since I was still too sick (and the fact that I never got the invitations out) made it so that we moved the party. To make sure Cade was okay with no party on his supposed to be party day, we tried to make the day fun for him. We spent the morning together as a fam at the Home Depot. Build and Grow Clinic number two was a racecar shelf. It went MUCH smoother than clinic number one where I had both boys by myself.....although.....Eric did drop the hammer on David :) He's just fine. I raced from the Home Depot to accompany my friend Catherine who was asked to sing at a Daughters of the Utah Pioneers luncheon. I had a fantastic lunch with a bunch of spunky old ladies who ate like birds and took eight times as long as me, but I honestly savored the conversation. I truly enjoy conversing with the lucid elderly (and the non lucid if I can laugh and not get too caught up in the sadness of it.....) Then, I took Cade to Toys R Us. He got a free 3 dollar birthday card from there, and I had a free 5 dollar coupon. Our mission......get the best stuff for 8 dollars or less. That is not exactly an easy thing to do though. Toys R Us is miserably overpriced. However, we did find a Wii game on clearance for 5 bucks (some maraca Latin theme game where you can whack the guts out of a pinata) and we found a G Force toy for 3 fifty. So....I had to fork out a dollar, but I don't care about the dollar, we spent TWO hours in the toy store. Why? I'm a complete pushover. It's his birthday, and I would never let him spend that long in a toy store....but he has waited much longer for me in places like Target or the grocery store while I coupon, so I figured I owed it to him. After the long toy browsing trip, I had another show, and then I came home fevered AGAIN and slept.

No comments: