Sunday, February 28, 2010

February 26

I wish I would have had my camera to take a picture of my ear wax....but you are probably grateful that I didn't. It was something else. There was enough wax that came out of my ear (on the third washing) that the nurse went and got the doctor and another nurse to come "check this out!!! Have you ever seen anything like this???" 2 weeks ago when I had pneumonia the two docs that I saw both commented on my ears: "Umm....I can't see anything. That is a lot of wax. Where IS your eardrum?" Well, I think I was too sick and so they didn't clean my ears out at those visits. Grr....because Friday I ended up in an instacare clinic. Thursday night I couldn't hear anything in my right ear. Friday morning I couldn't hear very well out of my left ear. So, after being a practically deaf mother whose children were getting terribly annoyed at being ignored, I stopped in for a doctor visit. So after three rinses, and a lot of oogling over my amazing amounts of collective cerumen, I could hear again! I've had my ears washed out by a doctor many a time. Thanks to my mother I inherited an oddly shaped ear canal, you have to look up to see my ear drum, and as a result our ear wax doesn't drain on its own very well. Hence, some of my fondest memories are going to Dr. Freshwater - truly his name- with my mom to get super dizzy while my ears were flushed out and picked at with tweezers. And now you have all the low down on my ear wax. You are welcome.

No comments: