Wednesday, February 3, 2010

February 2

This is Eric on Christmas morning opening his "presents" from me. If you can't see - it is a bottle of Cola, pac of Mac n' Cheese, water, beans, and chicken noddle soup.....but not just any old joe blow foodie items. These are certifiable Dharma Initiative Food Items! Wahoo! Okay, if you don't know what I'm talking about, you obviously don't watch Lost. You are missing out friends, if you don't. Today was the opening episode in the last season of a really fun serial show that hooked me from the start. It's like a big long fascinating movie that never ends. Mixed with a little sci-fi and idealism vs. science it puts it right down my alley. I was much more excited about Lost today than I was for Groundhog's Day. That is saying something, maybe. I usually like Groundhog's Day. I checked out a video from the library on Groundhogs, and books, and had a bunch of activities planned to celebrate the day. (Did you know Groundhogs only breathe once every SIX minutes when hibernating? Cade keeps telling me this ad naseum.) The culmination of the day was supposed to be to go to the Sunset Sam celebration in Sunset Utah. Sunset, about 4 miles away has a resident guinea pig who studied under Phil. You can read more about her/him here:
Well, being sick wrecked my groundhog day. I spent the entire day whining, hibernating, and of course indulged in the Lost season premiere to distract me from my insomnia/wheezing.

No comments: