Saturday, February 13, 2010

February 12

So I went around town and snapped up some pics of bulletin boards, annyoing signs, etc. that I notice every day driving around. The purpose? To put in my blog on days when I don't have anything else to put. There are billions of these billboard signs around town. This one says: "HOUSTON" First word spoken on the moon. This billboard is part of a research campaign that wants to prove the power of billboard advertising. A research company called 300 people in Utah and asked them what the first word spoken on the moon was. Only 1.3 percent got the answer correct. 3 percent knew who the current lieutenant governor was (Greg Bell just in case you were wondering.) So this company decided to put up all these billboards around town, and in 28 days they are going to repeat the experiment and they expect to see the HOUSTON answer skyrocket, and the governor answer to remain the same. Here is a link to an article about it that I enjoyed. I think it really summed up what I have been hearing about these billboards from various sources. http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2010/01/houston_moon_utah.php
Here is the link listed on the billboard too if you are interested: http://armstrong11.com/index.html

No comments: