Wednesday, February 3, 2010

February 3

Neb meet Debby. Debby meet neb. This is my new friend. I was so happy to have him today. I spent the bulk of my day at the Dr.'s office/pharmacy. I hate going to the doctor, and especially when I'm convinced they can't do anything for me. Official diagnosis: bronchitis. Most likely viral. So like a good doc, he didn't give me the often overprescribed antibiotics. But, to my surprise he did help me feel much better. I got an Albuterol Nebulizer treatment that opened my airway for the first time in days. After that, he said he still wasn't comfortable with the length of time I'd been sick, the sound of my cough/chest, and my history of bronchitis/pneumonia (we're old friends - nearly every year usually around history day I wound up down for a week with one of the two ailments.) So, I got a really great nightgown and a chest x-ray, which of course was clear enough to not be pneumonia. (I could've told him that...but....) Anyhow...I did get some Mucinex and an inhaler so that I won't wheeze so bad at times. Now I'm still stuck at home, trying to "rest and recover" so it doesn't turn into pneumonia. "Rest and Recover" with two crazy hyena boys? I wish!

No comments: