Sunday, February 14, 2010

February 13

What I have wanted to do the last few days I've been sick:
A. Ride the Frontrunner to SLC - it was free on Friday, I thought my boys would've loved it.
B. Go to the Layton Family Recreation V-Day Party, they put these on monthly and I love them. Free activities, pics, etc.
C. Do my show at the Village Green - I missed it Friday and Saturday
D. Go to the Ogden Winterfest.
If I wasn't still sick with pneumonia I would have done most if not all of these things. So I have to give you more info. on the Ogden Winterfest. Ever seen Gilmore Girls? The town is plagued by all these kooky little town celebrations for every season. I live in Gilmore Girl town heaven. Literally. In the summer every town has a big heritage celebration with fireworks and races and carnivals. Any excuse for fireworks or celebration here and the people do it. I haven't decided if these events endear these places to me (I do go to most of them because it is something to do) or if they simply annoy me. Anyhow, the Ogden Winterfest really takes the cake. The picture above is of HUMAN DOG SLEDDING. Other events slated? Dog look alike contests, HUMAN SNOW BOWLING, art ice sculptures, etc. While some of the events would have been fun (in particular I would've loved running the 5K and taking my kids to the Kids Corner), some of these events just sounded wacky beyond wacky! Even though we have tons of snow - they brought in more snow and closed down historic 25th street for two days to let people dress up as chickens and Julius Ceaser and facecards and pull each other around town on sleds. Love it or hate it? I'm just not sure. I was stuck at home in bed so I can't really give you an accurate accounting.

1 comment:

kim said...

I love Gilmore Girls and always tell Steve I would love to find our own kooky little town like that.