Sunday, January 31, 2010

January 29




The latest show I'm playing for is The Pirates of Penzance Interactive Experience 2010. I did the same thing last year and really enjoyed myself. Friday was the 2nd to last night and was dubbed "Apprentice Night." We had a full audience - which is truly remarkable and all the understudies were stepping in and taking the main parts. We were all a little nervous about that, but it worked out great. We had a hysterical performance. Part of the experience is that the audience members get to pick certain songs to be sung double time, or they can pick swapping genders, or swapping charachters. I got to be in on the fun too. Someone had me swap with Frederick. Andy who is normally the cop got to be the pianist (he can't play,) and I am really not a vocalist. I had my nice bass voice going for me though and got a laugh and a half when I leaped on the "leap year" vocal solo. Fun times at the Village Green indeed.

No comments: