Tuesday, January 12, 2010

January 11

Jose's Burritos are "COMMING" Soon at the shopping center by my home! Yahoo! (...delivered in a tone dripping with sarcasm.) I can't wait for yet ANOTHER fast food Mexicana place in my neighborhood. The perks....this new one really knows how to spell check before making two large banners to hang on their restauraunt. (Okay, I'm absoutely the wurst at spell-checkin, and I mess up and forget all the time before I post junk on my blog, not to mention my complete lack of educated!!!! use, of, punctuation, and........overabundance........ of.......... ellipses, and to brazenly use split infinitives, and run on sentences.....but I can still poke fun of businesses, because heck, they are trying to make money off of their endeavors, and I am most certainly not going to make money off this babbling blog......)
So, apparently Syracususians loooove fast food - cheap yucky tacos - oh and pizza. It cracked me up until my sides hurt when I first discovered that on one corner (of only two main shopping centers in my little burb) there are 5 pizza places! 5 on one corner? 4 of them in the same center! Insanity if you ask me. Yet, they remain open. Granted, 1 is a drive through, 1 is a regular delivery, 1 is a take and bake, and 1 is a sit down, and 1 is at the bowling alley....but who really needs 5 pizza joints in one shopping center? Apparently my neighbors do. I'm all for choices and I don't mind business and expansion....but really, this is ridiculous. (Oh and a half mile away...guess what? 3 MORE pizza places!) One thing is for sure, Syracuse is prepared. We certainly have over a 2 year supply of pizza, tacos, and scrap booking supplies here in Utah. No doubt there will be plenty to share. :)

- disclaimer - I actually really like Mexican food, and I've been known to frequent the little taco trailers with yummy homemade tortillas - my "beef" is with the cookie cutter franchises that are making hot sauce drip from my extremeties.....Del Taco, Taco Time, Taco Johns, Taco Smell, and now Jose's? Yet to see if it is any better than the others. It might actually be really good food since it isn't a chain, and then, I'll just have to eat my words.....oh and the tacos.

No comments: