Sunday, January 24, 2010

January 22

Friday morning. 7:15 A.M. I was still sleeping. I am usually awake much before this time, but I had been emotionally drained. The phone rang - the only person who ever calls me that early is my mother, and she was snoring in the room next to mine....so I dragged my way out of bed.

"Hey Debby - its been so long since we talked. How are ya?"
"Um....who ARE you? Do I know you?"
"Well, we are Fischer and Peggy and YOU are going to San Diego!!!!"
"Are you serious? No way! This is a joke."
"You did enter our contest, and it is in the middle of the morning show isn't it?"
"oh yeah! Yeah!!!! Shrieks me! I used to live in San Diego for 6 years and it is like my favorite place on the planet!" (Ooooo- I sounded like a retartded teen.....I was so taken by surprise.)


So - I really won a trip for 4 to San Diego. 3 nights in the Manchester Hyatt, tickets to the zoo (my VERY least favorite thing in San Diego, I know.....I shouldn't complain) and tickets to all the museums in Balboa Park. I'm pretty happy about this. I have actually entered this contest for two years prior. The first year I did it we had only moved from there a few months before. You have to click on Fischer and Peggy to enter. It said you could enter multiple times....so one day I was sick. I clicked on them ALL day long and ALL night. (Not an exxageration.) This year? I clicked once and went on my merry way......and I won! I'm pretty happy about this one. I LOVE San Diego and would love to vacation there all the time. Eric on the other hand is bored to tears of the place. You pretty much could only pay him to go. This will work! Free vacation and a chance to see my dearly missed friends? Happy day indeed!



3 comments:

Christy said...

rats! I was hoping you'd won a trip for 9 to San Diego and wanted to take the Robinson clan along with you, since we are related and all! :) Give everyone hugs for us when you get there!

Maria said...

HOORAY! Congrats! What an awesome wake-up call!

Jenna and Daniel said...

Sounds like fun. We're planning a trip there the end of February. We'll have to get together and have you help me make plans.