Sunday, January 17, 2010

January 17

Earlier this week on our library trip Cade picked out a video about natural disasters, and books on volcanoes, tornados....etc. So he has been watching this video nonstop all week. Here is a recap of what he has learned. He is sitting next to me and he wants me to say all of this to you.... and I quote: "Hurritans, Floods, Tornadoes, Blizzards, does that start with B? Epstunami, -also known as a tiger wave, meteors that hit the earth. These are all the natural disasters that I know of. The cold air gets trapped in the hot air and the hot air wants it to not get out and says no I don't want you to get out. This is how tornadoes get made. A volcano can trigger evil landslides. I have a movie all about tornadoes and you must like it. It's from the library. This is me Cade. Eptsunami is a biggest wave, and eptsunamis can break through the door in the house and get in the house, eptsunamis are so big they can almost reach the top of the Statue of Liberty. All the statue of liberty has when an eptsunami reaches it is the head. It almost reaches all the way up to the top. You could only see a part of the neck, and an eyes, and a nose, and a mouth, and ears. Eptsunamis would cover the toes and the whole of the tummy. Okay? This is me Cade. This is some things about natural disasters. I am tired. I have to go to bed." I tried to tell him about the recent earthquake in Haiti. He didn't understand. "How can an earthquake be in just one place? An earthquake is when the whole earth shakes, so how can just one place shake?" Are all 4 year old this literal? Yikes! Also....he is very concerned that a tornado is going to hit the barn down the street from us, because tornadoes go to farms. Maybe I'll go back to Curious George books next week!

No comments: