Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Y - from July 30, 2007

have been SUPER tired as of late. It is kind of crummy because I'm in the middle of my pregnancy, this is when I should have the most energy - but I"m severly lacking. I did find out though a week or two ago that the Y is the winner. We are going to have another little boy! I'm excited to know . I'm also grateful that I still have 18 weeks to come up with another name. I have to admit I was a little surprised. My intuition, and my dream, and the fact that I only had a girl's name picked out, and had already bought a dress - hasn't stopped the little fella from coming. We are having a hard time convincing the cadet that he is going to have a little brother and not a little "gewarl." But other than that...we are happy. I have everything we need already and now they can share a room and the gobs of boy toys that I have amassed over the last 2 1/2 years. Not much exciting is going on around here. It has been hot and humid and I mainly spend my days either at the library or directly in front of a fan wiping away the sweat. You wouldn't think that 78 degrees would be so bad....but with 82% humidity and a pregnant body its really been getting to me. We did get to go to a fun concert last week. We went to The Symphony Strikes Back. It was a celebration of all Star Wars music. It was an outdoor family lawn concert so of course the cadet came and went crazy! He absolutely loved it. I was elated to hear a symphony - but really disappointed at how poorly they played....maybe I"m jus a litle picky since I've been listening to every Star Wars professional recording ever made for the last 3 months. It just didn't sound even close. The Master Chorale of San Diego trying to sing the Ewok Song really took the cake. You just shouldn't sing Ewok songs with vibrato. It simply doesn't work. The concert coincided with a HUGE International convention for comic lovers called Comic Con. So of course, the concert was laden with people decked out in star wars garb. The cadet got to handle a 200 dollar lightsaber, and gave Yoda three instead of five, and then there was Darth Vader......he is obsessed with Darth Vader. At the end of the concert they had fireworks going off - we were watching and thought he was totally involved - only to turn around and find that our son had not been watching the fireworks, instead he was chasing Darth Vader all the way up the aisles to the stage. We caught him before he made it too far....but you'd think fireworks would be more interesting to a 2 year old. I don't get it. Other than that....its just been survival of the summer for me. Thank heavens our condo has two pools and that cadet loves the water. We spend a lot of time splashing and of course playing lightsabers. I'm afraid I"ve resigned myself to my destiny to clash lightsabers with little boys for the next 10 years....ahhh....so it goes. Number two just better sleep a little more and I'll be happy!

No comments: