Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Moving on..... from Oct. 12, 2007

So - it is official. We are going to jump ship and follow the bandwagon. We are moving on to Utah. We will be moving October 26th to Roy, Utah. 5 minutes away from the new job. It should be exciting! We finally found a house to rent for a while. We decided to hold off buying, since we only have 2 1/2 weeks before we move. I just don't know the area well enough, either, to know where I want to be. Findng a place to live always ends up being a tramatic ordeal for us. When we moved out to San Diego, we had two days to find a place. In the space of 2 days - we put out 3 deposits and credit checks at three separate places, only to retract them the morning before we left to settle for option number 4. When our apartment was converted to a condo here and we moved - we couldn't decide between renting a house or another apartment. We ended up securing the house - only to retract it a day later sending the little old lady who was renting it into tears. ("You were such a dear family. I was so looking forward to you being in our little home.") Not fun. Well...this trip was no different. We had an appointment at one place to sign a lease. Three hours before the appointment I changed my mind. So...we cancelled. Next, we secured another place and put down a deposit. The morning before we were to leave - I set off in a panic. It was 11:30 at night and I realized that since the place was brand spankin' new - not only didn't it have a backyard and a refrigerator it didn't have any blinds. We had planned on taking this brand new home because it was cheaper than the other places, and we thought we could save some money up to buy in a few months. Well...after you put all that money into it - we wouldn't save much. So - my crying tirade and panic about blinds wasn't resolved until the middle of the night. The next morning was Sunday. No one answers their phone on Sunday in Utah. At least not for business. So, we headed home without a place. Very distressing. Monday morning we called from our hotel in good ole' Mesquite and secured the 1st place we had originally decided upon. Yikes. Why is it such a traumatic event for us? This is only a place we are renting for a year. I can't imagine the headache it will be trying to buy a home. So...we are moving on. I'm ecstatic to have a home at last! We are going from 1100 square feet to 2475 square feet - and saving several hundred dollars a month on rent - plus we finally get a backyard. The Cadet can't stop talking about it. Being the intense packrat that I am - the extra space is going to be incredibly nice! Ask anyone who has seen any of our closets and they are simply amazed that I get it all to fit. I have parting disorder with things - to say the least.; although, I've already made a trip to the Goodwill - totally not like me. Hubby wanted to take my temperature. This pregnant nesting thing is coming in handy right about now. It's also annoying - I'm almost 33 weeks and can barely bend over anymore - and trying to pack is not going so hot for me. The Cadet does up my shoes for me - I'm that big now. I'm excited to be financially better off and closer to family and friends, but I am dearly going to miss it here. I've been a little emotional about everything! I broke down yesterday at Legoland because Cadet's favorite ride was closed. We would go there almost every Thursday for an hour or two - and yesterday may have been our last time. It was distressing. I felt like a moron - but hey - I am pregnant - I'm allowed a little room for weepiness, right?

No comments: