Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Hot and Cold - from September 5, 2007

It is hot. Miserably hot. I know - I live in this insanely "great" weather (that is intensely boring), and I shouldn't complain, but I am going to. It was 92 with 86% humidity earlier this week. That made the heat index nasty. Being pregnant and not having air conditioning and only having one window facing a different direction from all the others hasn't helped. It has been the sticky hot -humid hot- can't cool off- want to run around naked hot. Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse - they did. On top of the heat - I have a cold. A yucky cold. So I am hot with a cold. It has not been fun to say the least. I can't sleep because I can't breathe. Last night I took a Sudafed. Bad idea. I should have known it would make me crazy. I don't have the greatest track record with cold medicines. One time when I took a Benadryl I started crying on the drive to school because the canal was so beautiful. This last episode....well...I took a Sudafed at 3 A.M. and I have been up ever since. It is know 7:30 in the evening. I've been trying pretty hard since 3 to get back to sleep. No luck yet. I'm exhausted and can't hold my eyes open, but they won't stay closed either. This was only half a dose of Sudafed, too! Yikes. It was the straight Sudafed stuff, too...with nothing added into it. I just don't do well on cold medicine to say the least....and if you think cold medicine is bad you should see me on Coke. I have once or twice drunk a can of Coke....yeah that is scary. The worst was when I drank some Vault. They had a deal at the grocery store to get a 12 pack of Vault for free. I read the label, and it said "energy drink" - so I bought it. I thought, hey, free drink. The next day, I was drinking the first can when the home teacher's came over. I put it aside when they came in, only to have Cadet find it in the middle of their lesson. He was freaking out, and so I gave him a couple of sips to calm him down. HAH! Later that night, I called hubby home from an Eldern's Quorum meeting (with one of our home teachers). I couldn't handle our son or myself. We were both bouncing off the walls and irritable. Later I found out that Vault has the highest concentration of caffeine of most any othe soft drink. The whole thing had our home teachers in stitches the next month when I explained the mis-hap. Moral of the story is.....Caffeine/cold medicines/me = just not good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHA, that is one the funniest things EVER!! Oh man, I wish I could have seen that. Darn it!