Wednesday, February 27, 2008

11,111 - from August 11, 2007

11,111. That is the number of email messages in my inbox. That is - in one of my email inboxes. Wow. I think that I have deletion issues. I'm not sure if deletaphobia is a treatable malady or no....but I really ought to look into it. The sad thing is - it was almost the highlight of my day to open my email and see that number flashing at the bottom of my screen. There is something to be said about the symmetry - the majesty of such a big number. It is an odd number, but it still appeals to my senses. It would look much better with two commas in place (11,1,11); however, I understand that is not the way the number world works. So, there you have it. Send me a message and I'll never get rid of it. (The real highlight of my day was cleaning out a closet in my living room. I think hubby was going to kill me if I opened the door one more time to revel in the beauty of a closet only half full - instead of overflowing for a change.)

No comments: