Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Neighborhood







For my birthday next week - I got a double jogging stroller! YEAH!!! I love to walk, and am so excited to be able to go outside again. This has been the yuckiest winter with so much snow. I finally went outside today with my new toy. It felt so good. I couldn't help but notice how different my neighborhood is here. I've gone from city to rural America. Yikes! I'm glad we're renting. I think I want to be a little farther from the horses. I think I much prefer a busier place to the wide open spaces everyone seems to want here. We've been looking at homes to buy and everyone touts, "Wide open spaces, no neighbors behind you, horse pasture with a view....etc..." I just want sidewalks and stores and libraries and schools and something more than a Wal-Mart nearby. I think we're going to look closer to SLC for our home.



Anyhow...here are some pictures of my old neighborhood vs. the new neighborhood. There are two pictures of the park and temple I walked past every day (sometimes 2-3 times a day) for the last five years, and then now the horse and old dilapidated truck I get to walk by every day now if it ever stays warm enough. It's amazing how much my life has changed the last three months.

No comments: