Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Spam Jell-o - from March 29, 2007


There it is. The Prize winning Jello. Our church ward had its 2nd annual Jell-0 Bake off. Last year I took home the prize for my "Potty Jello." (A super sweet concoction consisting of Lemon Jello sprinkled with Chocolate Pieces). I wasn't sure how I would ever top that, but I tried. Indeed, I won again with Spam Jello. It was green jell-o pickles, spam, and tabasco sauce. Hey....it got me a free movie ticket - which almost recoups the cost of the spam. It's the only cooking contest I will ever win! I felt kind of bad, because everyone else tried a very serious jell-o recipe. There were some deluxe jell-o layer molds and cakes and the like. They spent hours on their recipes....and well...I spent a few minutes. Cooking and me just don't agree. Poor Hubby. He knew what he was getting into, though. He will often tell our son, "now be sure to marry someone who does all the diaper changes and cooks every night for you....unless they are as pretty and talented as your mom and then it's okay." I just don't have the patience for cooking. When I'm hungry I want to eat...and I want to eat NOW. However, if I have already eaten, I don't mind cooking, but then who wants to cook if you aren't going to eat it? It's a vicious cycle. I actually do cook some during the summer months. During the school year its a little difficult, because I'm working nearly every night. I want to eat at 4 - and Hubby and Child want to eat at 5 when I'm gone....so we are anxiously awaiting summer months when we can dine together on Debby's disasters!!!! Bon Apetit!!!!

No comments: