Sunday, May 16, 2010

May 13

This should have been the pic for May 10th - but it is not because I forgot. On May 10th we drove to see the re-enactment celebration of the completion of the Transcontinental Railroad in Promontory Point, Utah. The festival commemorated the 141st anniversary of the driving of the Golden Spike. Zech and Liz were with us - and these pictures are Zech's (Thanks Zech!) I can't say that I actually got much of the re-enactment festival because I was busy being a mom, bu we had fun. We sang Dinah blow your horn obnoxiously loud, walked around the gift store, ate hotdogs, said the Pledge of Allegience, lost and found my wallet (Again.....) and my highlight? I stopped in at the Amateur Radio Club booth. There were so many elderly gentlement there - and I picked up a flier and got to tell them my HAM call sign - KGJPRQ. Yes I am a HAM radio operator......although I think I've used it once......I took the test to be a copycat of my husband. Yet, another story to tell another day when it isn't the middle of the night and I'm trying to combat insomnia by blogging.....

No comments: