Monday, May 3, 2010

April 29

I'm a complete succor for a free carpet cleaning. I always have a spot by my entry way from the garage that drives me nuts. (Stupid house builders should've put annoying but practical tile in the entry way....grr....) Anyhow, even though I vowed after the last 2 1/2 hour presentation from the Kirby vacuum salesmen that I'd never let them in again....I caved. My first Kirby salesman experience was in CA - I was pregnant and ready to throw up the whole time. I sat on the couch eating ice cream and moaning. My 2nd presentation was just this January - I had pneumonia, and had no voice so couldn't talk. I sat on the couch coughing and halfway sleeping. This time? At least the sales lady was hilarious and she let my kids play with the cleaning bubbles for a long time. They had a blast, and I got my carpet cleaned again. In case you were wondering - is the Kirby a great vacuum? Sure. Will I ever pay 2,000 bucks for it? Not on your life! Yes, I know I see the dirt piles you pull from my furniture and carpet, but I don't have allergies or asthma and a little dirt never hurt anyone. I am no disgusted or shocked by my family's dirt. Dirt is what makes the world go 'round. So yes, Kirby, you can keep coming back and cleaning my carpet for free, but I probably won't ever buy your vacuum from you.

3 comments:

Sydney said...

Hey remember me? {the little gal you taught piano too in Logan, UT....I'm Teresa Adams' oldest} Just found your blog! So good to see you and your little family are doing so well, your little boys are adorable!! Hope you don't mind, I started following so I can stay up to date on what your adorable family is up to!

Debby said...

Of course I remember you! It is totally okay if you follow - as long as I get to follow your blog, too! I think I just found it from the link on your comment. You are an AMAZING photographer - I am floored by your pics!

Unknown said...

Heehee, sneaky! I’m sure it’s quite fun to watch the salesmen clean your carpet for you. But the one time I did it, I got really guilty and paid him for his troubles although I didn’t buy the vacuum cleaner. My mother has a friend in a cleaning company, and they’re the ones who clean my carpet.

-- Bong Kingsley