Sunday, May 2, 2010

April 26

I have found a new love. The Salt Lake City Library is my new love. I love love love LOVE love their library. I can't believe it took me two years to go and explore it. As much as I love libraries, I just hadn't made the trip to go to the downtown SLC yet. I have cards at both Weber and Davis County libraries, but overall I am somewhat disappointed with both their library systems. I am disappointed, but I still love them. I love all libraries regardless of their inadequacies. They were having a book sale at the City Library. For five dollars you could load up a giant brown bag of books. We got about 40 new books (like we needed them....) but I was so excited. We went to the children's nonfiction center and my boys went crazy. We have asteroid books, money books, president books, history books, travel books, early readers, etc...etc...etc... David's favorite book he made me get: "Women can play Basketball too!" He is very attached to that one......hmm.....I could say so much about our library trip. (I lost half my remote control to my car, I went to the old library first and had to be redirected and someone made sure I knew I was in Salt Lake, and we only had 30 minutes because we parked at a meter, and the elevators are a kick in the library....etc....etc...and etc...) I think instead I will just say that I loved the SLC library soooo much that I have already driven down their two times this week to hang out at it!!! I'm ready to pack up my house and sell half my belongings to move into downtown SLC just so I can get one of their library cards for less than the 80 dollars a year it costs me now. To life, La Chaim, and libraries!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that is so cool!!
I don't live in Utah any longer so
I can't take advantage.

I have a friend who's son (6) found a book at a library sale on how to install solar lights in their yard.. he would not leave without it.. she said he looks at it often. he may become an electrician.

i found your blog from your facebook Info page. your friends with my daughter. Emalee