Saturday, July 24, 2010

July 20

Here is the obligatory 1st day of school for the 1st child photo.  We'll see if I remember to do this for Davy.  1st day of Kindergarten went off without a hitch.  The first day was more like an orientation that I had to go to, and Eric had to stay home with David during.  It went fine.  Nothing interesting happened, ad I suppose that is a good thing.  Cade played at the playground, and I watched in my antisocial stance as all the moms that knew each other gabbed and gabbed about who knows what......I probably came off as a snob.  All the moms were trying to introduce their kids to other people's kids and were smiling really big....and I just stood there....thinking....man I'm glad I'm done with public school.....I think I'll stand back and let Cade do the talking and let Cade make his own friends....I've been there done this once, and I don't really want to do it again.....I'll let him have the experience.  I guess I'm not quite going to be a helicopter mom after all.   

No comments: