Saturday, July 24, 2010

July 18

The stress began about two days before Kindergarten started.  I thought I had everything under control.  No sweat, right?  I have been soooo looking forward to school days.  I'm not a mom who sheds the tear as the child enters the classroom doors, no....instead......my thoughts have been more, "Why isn't the Kindergarten last all day ?- 2-3 hours you've got to be kidding me!"  I love Cade, and I love spending time to him, but I simply cannot keep him occupied enough to his satisfaction.  I am not capable of stimulating him as much as he wants. 
So why the stress?  I lost his immunization card.  And since most of his shots were done in CA from three different doctors (two med students now gone) - and the offices have moved - I've spent the last three months trying to track down proof that I believe in vaccinating my child.  Although they told me that the records were in storage and they'd locate them shortly.....it still hasn't happened.  So....I ended up getting a waiver. I just hope no one gets the chicken pox or else Cade can't go to school for a few weeks. 

One stressor down and only one more to go.  The tardy bell.  I have been having massive anxiety freak out issues realizing that it is my job to make sure this kid gets to school on time.  This is a problem.  I can't get myself on time to anywhere.  I was always tardy, and my mom would leave without me so many days if I wasn't ready, and I had a college professor take a clock off and change the time on the wall when I actually showed up on time one day so that it was still rigged that I was late......I am horrible with being on time.   So, I'm not freaking out that Cade is going to kindergarten....no....I'm freaking out because I'm realizing I'm supposed to be the resposible adult here....and it scares the living daylights out of me!   I think I'm going to have a massive meltdown if he gets a tardy ticket.  It just better not happen. 

No comments: