Sunday, July 18, 2010

July 16

For the last two weekends I have been having an absolute riot in downtown Salt Lake City.  I love love love being downtown.  I got asked to play for another show this time at the Off Broadway Theater on Main Street in downtown.  I'm playing for HMS Pinafore and absolutely loving it.  It has meant driving through yucky construction three times a week, but it has been worth it.  The last two Saturdays we've had rehearsals, and I have stayed after the rehearsals for a bit and really enjoyed myself.  Last Saturday they gave us free comp tickets to their current show Robyn Hood Boyz in the Hood.  Since I was already in SLC  I had three or four hours of downtime before the show.  I decided to stick around so I wouldn't have to drive home and drive back.  I went to Temple Square, a Japanese Obon Temple Festival, and the Gateway.  I had a great dinner and even went shopping for some new tennis shoes.  Later Eric and the boys met me and we went to the show.  Even though we didn't get home until nearly midnight, we had a great time.  I am soooo ready to sell my house, get rid of all my junk, and move into an apartment downtown.  Okay, not quite really, but maybe one day.  If I didn't have so much stuff, I really think I'd love living in a high rise loft apartment in the center of everything.  Maybe that is how Eric and I will retire.  Our dream house :)  And better yet....I wouldn've have to worry about killing every green and living thing in my yard. 

No comments: