Wednesday, August 4, 2010

July 30

Cade's 1st homework assignment.  An all about me paper that he put together.  So...all about Cade...money he loves money.  He wants a Ben Franklin 100 dollar bill someday, and he wants a Ben Franklin Half Dollar.  He might want to be a neumasmatist  s/p?  some day - and this kid can pronounce that word much better than I can.  He wants to go to Washington D.C. and see the Jefferson Memorial, and he wants to go to Mexico sometime.  He loves Mario, and DragonBall ( Even though he's never seen it my piano students love to pretend play it with him.)  He loves natural disasters and his family and his first Halloween costume as a Sumo Wrestle.  He also likes karate - all 4 days he's experienced of it :)  So now you know all about Cade - or all that he wants you to know.   He didn't mention the fact that he already does math better than me and is frequently spouting off complex math equations in his head when he is supposed to be clearing off his place or getting buckled in the car.  Case in point:  "Mom did you know that 5 plus 1 times 4 is 20?"  "Get Buckled."  "I know, but mom did you know that 90 and 90 and 90 is 180 ...and so that means in 4 and a half hours it will be time to have lunch?"  "Get buckled."  and soo forth....kid you not, the kid loves numbers.  I'm beginning to wonder if he is my kid at all!  The scary thing....I didn't teach him any of this number junk - no one did.  We told him about money and time, and he has spent hours calculating on his clock and playing with his money figuring out how it all fits together.  I'm thinking he might actually be able to do Calculus one day - he is going to pass his mom up,  but he's got a lot of work ahead of him if he wants to number crunch like dad. 

No comments: