Sunday, June 27, 2010

June 15

Part III of my Stroller Trauma Drama.  The next morning after my tire was fixed I planned to use my stroller.  Problem?  My kids had stayed up late the night before and so they slept in the next day.  I was ready to get moving and the were still sleeping.  I decided I'd hop on the treadmill instead.  Less than ten minutes later I go off the treadmill.  I BROKE the treadmill.  I guess I leaned a little to hard on the handrails because one of them broke.  So I waited for the kids to wake up.  Then we popped in the stroller, becaue now I had three airless tires - what could go wrong?   We started walking on the nature trail behind my house.  The boys got out of the stroller and ran down the trail with me for a ways, and then we came to a grassy area, and we rolled down the hills.  They hopped in and I turned on Pandora radio on my phone (with no earphones so everyone could here....only no one was around....)  We listened to Beethoven's 9th Symphony, and I loved watching Cade get so enthralled with the music.  I gave him a music history lesson on Beethoven and the Symphony and he sponged it all up and loved it.  In my head I was thinking in facebook status updates (ever do that?)  My update would have read something like.....Sun, walking oustide, rolling down grassy hills, extolling the virtues of Beethoven to an entranced 5 year old as he hears Ode to Joy for the 1st time...does life get any better?  *So crazy, I'm really not on Facebook that much anymore, it has gotten old for me....and I rarely ever post status updates, but I swear I'm crazy...I keep going through my days entering these silly status updates into my brain.....)
The next song we listened to was Lisz't Hungarian Rhapsody No. 11.  The famous one.  We were getting so excited listening to it.  I was telling the boys how this was on Tom and Jerry and we started "stroller dancing" to the music.  We were swirling from side to side.....when all of the sudden my front wheel went FLYING OFF THE STROLLER!  What could go wrong?  The whole tire came off and the frame that connected it to the stroller was bend so bad I couldn't get it back on.  Cade got the joy of walking over a mile to Walmart and David sat terrified as I tipped the stroller back on two wheels and tried to laugh the whole thing off.  We got to Walmart and waited and waited until they came out with two giant rubber mallets and hammers and pounded the frame back in shape enough to get the tire on.  It wobbled like crazy the rest of the way home, but at least we finally made it home.  Eric was in Salt Lake for some crazy convention with Zig Zigler and Sarah Palin, so he couldn't have even come to get us.  We finally made it home, although the boys were all shook up like frappe milkshakes.  It was an adventure.  It is not my only stroller adventure.....reminds me of the time I took three kids and one stroller to the library in San Diego....in the rain.....with no jackets....eating ice cream....and the wheel fell off going up a ginormos hill....maybe I should just stay in side more!  Oh the drama of stroller trauma starts here. (and hopefully it will end soon!)  

No comments: