Sunday, June 27, 2010

June 14

In honor of Flag Day....Part II of the Stroller Trauma Drama.  After a couple of weeks I finally got my tire.  I took it into two shops to try to get someone to put it one for me.  The bike place declined because "airless tires are the devil's tools."  They even told me they wouldn't do it even if I paid them fifty bucks an hour.  Grr....so I went to a tire/auto repair place.  They were fabulously nice.  They spent 45 minutes trying to get the blasted thing on, but to no avail.  They didn't charge me a penny, but they have earned my car repair busines in the future for sure!   There is a tool you can buy (that costs fifty bucks) that makes the installation easier  I just couldn't bring myself to pay that much.  So.....after three hours of hard labor Eric and I managed to get the tire on.  My genious husband attached twist ties to the tire in increments, and broke 4 or 5 tools trying to pry the tire on, and then pulled out the secret weapon of the blowdryer and  WHALAA!  We got the tire on!  We were ecstatic!  Happiness reigned in the Cannon home.  But....of course, that is not the end of the story. 

No comments: