Sunday, June 27, 2010

June 13

Okay I am officially a couple of WEEKS behind on my crazy blogging goal......so here is a jumble of my life the last couple of weeks in random order.... 
Stroller Trauma Drama:  PART ONE Start HERE:   I love to walk.  I honestly do.  I love being outside, and I love the slow pace, and I love how calm my kid are.  We have lots of fun talking and walking together.  I have missed daily outside walks since we moved from CA.  In UT I feel like I get about two weeks in of comfortable walking when it is not too hot or not too cold for wimpy me.  I try to go outside and walk every day that I can becaue it feels like they are few and far in between here.  I have a double jogging stroller that isn't top of the line, but it works.  I have had severe tire trauma though over the last few years with it.  I used a single jogger every day in CA multiple times a day even, in various locations (beach, neighborhood, trails.etc....)  In a year, I never once got a flat tire.  Fast forward to life in UT - I think I got a flat tire my second DAY using the stroller.  There are these obnoxious thorns here everywhere....oh and broken beer bottles on the sidewalks of Roy....I tried the slime, I tried the oft recommended thorn resistant tubes.   After two months, I think I had spent more on tires and tire repair than I had even on the stroller itself.  I finally invested in airless tires (much to the chagrin of every bike shop in a 20 mile radius.)  They all kept telling me that airless tires are the devil's tools.  There are gobs of cycling shops around here, and not one of them carried airless tires.  I went to visit my sister in CO and lo and behold their bike shops aren't so stupid and they actually carry airless tires.  I got two tires for the back wheels, and it worked out okay.  The front tire though has still given me grief.  This spring after taking two four mile walks in two days with a flat front tire I decided enough was enough.  I ordered an airless tire for the front of the stroller.  The tire sat in my garage for a few weeks.  Eric remembered how awful the last airless tires were to put on......so he kept putting it off.  We went to Idaho for the weekend so I took the tires with me, and then I left them.  A week later, I drove to Logan to retrieve my tires from some relatives.  Then the real fun began.  Stay tuned for the most exciting tire story of your life.

No comments: