Monday, March 30, 2009

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

The letter of the day for our home mom preschool today was ....you guessed it ....y. Because I have had the flu and because I am supposed to be super busy packing....of course all that I did was spend a couple of hours getting ready for preschool. I am a master of avoiding the things that I'm really supposed to be doing. Instead of procrastinating important things like um...packing to move....or ummm resting because I feel yucky....I just substitute other things that are kind of important, like how to entertain some 3-4 year old for a couple of hours.

Here was our "Y" Day.

We rode a Yellow Bus (i.e. kitchen chairs) to Yemen. (We looked at a world map to see where in the yell that was.)
We visited some Yaks that were hiding in a Yurt. (okay, we just made silly yak faces while hiding in the bunkbeds.)

We made Yoda Masks and then....

We had a Yelling Yoda contest.




and...a Yawning Yoda contest.



and...a Yodeling Yoda contest, finished with singing the Austrian that went Yodeling song


For a snack - Yogurt and Yoda Soda (green lemonade.)



All in all, not a terribly educational day, but it worked. Tomorrow is our yard sale. Yup - you guessed it. I got burnt out today, tomorrow will be a little less exciting...I might get gutsy and pull out some yo-yos though.

No comments: