Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A Little Green and a Big Bowl






So I used to not decorate anything...and I'm still pretty crummy at it. Cade gets SOOO excited though when we put up any kind of decorations. So, I've been doing just a little bit. I've really been letting Cade come up with ideas and then I kind of help, but not too much. So....if anything doesn't look perfect - it is because a 4 year old did it, right? (That's my excuse for not being crafty, anyways.) Cade helped me make the banner with the rainbow, and he made a hat for David's "Brobee" and we had a lot of fun.

"THE" Big bowl

I finally found a use for THE bowl - the bowl that kept me up a couple of nights - seriously. I put the bowl to use as the pot of gold under the rainbow. This bowl was the bowl I got from RC Willey. On President's Day they had a sale at RC Willey - and they handed out $25 gift cards to the 1st 200 people. I roped Eric into going with me and we each ended up with one. We had planned to put them together and get a new Wii game. Then - we read all the exclusions on the back of the card. Pretty much - you couldn't buy anything with the gift cards. No games, or computer stuff, or movies - just expensive stuff or the little knick knacks hanging around the store. We did find a hand blender perfect for making smoothies - which was perfect timing considering I lived off smoothies for a few weeks. We still had $25 left to spend, though. I perused the store for a good 2 hrs. I was trying to find the perfect object to decorate my house with - the perfect object priced at 26 - 30 dollars so I didn't have to pay much for it. In frustration I settled on the big brown bowl seen in the above picture. I came home and the dumb bowl kept me up for a few nights. It bugged me. I got this ugly bowl because it was different - but I didn't have a use for it. It bugged me because it reminded me how crappy I am at making decisions. I take forever to decide something, and then half the time what I pick wasn't the best choice....or was it? So this bowl made me wax stupidly philosophical. (I can't even spell that right for sure, I shouldn't have said it.) It made me lose a lot of sleep. But, I finally found a use for it and it worked out in the end. Things always do, right?

1 comment:

Valerie said...

So glad to know I'm not the only one who can't make decisions (or can I?) My trainer hated shopping with me. I hate shopping. Too many choices. Glad you found a use for your bowl!!