Friday, March 18, 2011

November 13

David and I on the hay ride....ahhh me.  As I sit here ranting on about our community issues I get bugged.  Really really bugged and ticked and irritated - but more so with msyelf than with anyone else.  Inside, sometimes I do get somewhat passionate about issues and items.  In my head I really think that I should stand up and do something about them.  In the end, my fears hold me back.  I always convince myself that I'm just too stupid and I don't understand the issues well enough to really speak up..... and I know that I haven't devoted the time and efforts into truly researching the things around me....so in the end...I do nothing.  Grr.   I'm just a slacker mom.  I get all these ideas in my head:   like I want to conduct a traffic study and get a crosswalk installed to the nature park by my house.  I want to get out and get petitions signed and make it happen before someone actually gets hurt there.  I want to take a stance and educate people and go speak out at the community forums about all of these road building issues.  In the end, I guess I don't care enough about these things, because I never DO anything about them.  They are always just ideas on the back burner of my brain.   This is why I guess I"m destined to be a Nelly Nobody instead of a Golda Meir or a  Maragaret Thatcher.  Too bad I got the looks of the idealist old lady winners, and not the stick-to-it-ness (or vocabulary) of the successful ladies.  

No comments: