Friday, March 18, 2011

November 10

These are pics from a rainy Friday morning run out at the bird watch place a mile from my home.  It truly is a beautiful area.  I have been miffed as of late, because the whole preserve has been overtaken by some cows - that are not fenced in.  There are hundreds of them roaming the boardwalk the last two times I've tried to run there.  I'm just not brave enough to run next to crazy cows.....so I"m hopig they fence those cows back in soon!  These wetlands really are beautiful but I've got some really mixed feelings about them.  They are trying to extend the legacy highway here, and want to avoid ruining the wetlands.   Okay....at the expense of yucking up 60 people's homes in Syracuse alone, and not to mention destroying two farms that have been operational for over 100 years.  And as the farmers contend....mess up the farmlands and you destroy the ecology of the wetlands anyways....so....I'm trying to figure out how to make a say.  I really want the road built, even if it is near my home - inf fact all the better.  We desparately need a new highway here.  I'm all in favor of it.  I know it will have to ruin some land, and as much as I've enjoyed running in the bare wide open....BUILD THE ROAD IN THE BARE WIDE OPEN.   I'm no expert but it really seems like  we can spare a little wetland, and keep the homes, and parks, and farms, and still have a lot of wetland left over to enjoy.  I really think there is a ton of wetland to spare - there is more wetland that communities or farms combined.  Call me heartless, and ecologically incorrect, but that is where I stand on this one.  


No comments: