Thursday, December 16, 2010

October 29




Cade often played with my camera, and I wouldn't have survived without the Talking TomCat App on my phone for David.  We had Spencer stay with us for quite a while and the boys loved interacting with their cousin.  We made some fun family memories actually hospital visiting   It was heart renching sometimes, but well worth it.  One of the hospitals she stayed in was a long term care center/rehab for people.  Most of the people on her floor were on ventilators and most of them were children.  The ones that could talk always greeted Becky with smiles and lots of words whenever we passed them in the hall.  I met some pretty incredible little spirits with some difficult physical challenges on those visits.  Adversity sure has a way of making some people just shine.  I'm afraid it made me feel pretty weak.  I don't have the challenges of many of the people I met, and I sure don't have their courage.  It was a great reminder to me that there are many many people out there facing so many different struggles....and many many of them are just simply amazing. 

No comments: