Tuesday, May 20, 2008

"....and now you can have a grand piano!"



We've been trying to teach Cadet that you don't always get what you want. "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit!" (I keep repeating ad nauseum to him.) He will often tell us that he wants this or that, and I'm getting really good at saying no. For several days when he was telling me what he wanted I responded by telling him that I wanted a grand piano, but that just wasn't going to happen. We just don't always get what we want. Sometimes, we do, though. The other day I was driving by and saw that a daycare was going out of business and so they were selling all their toys. I came across The Millenium Falcon from Star Wars with 7 figurines inside for $7 - a total steal - so I caved in and got it for Cadet. He was so ecstatic. When I gave it to him he smiled and hugged me and told me...."and now you can have a grand piano! Dad and I will go and get one for you tonight." How thoughtful.

1 comment:

David, Joy, Harley, Oakley & Maverick said...

That is hilarious. Aren't kids the most thoughtful little ones?