Sunday, May 4, 2008

"Who are you and what have you done with my wife?"

I am going to go to San Diego! YIPPEE!! I'm so excited about this, if you couldn't tell. One of the old conductors from the San Diego Children's Choir didn't know that I had moved. She saw my profile still up on the San Diego Children's Choir website under personnel ( http://www.sdcchoir.org/personnel/index.htm) - and I still have my cell phone with a San Diego number. She called me and asked me to play at an honor choir choral festival for Middle Schoolers. At first, I told her - umm....no...I moved. I called her back a few hours later, and there you have it. I get to come for a visit! It is just a Saturday festival - and it will pay enough to pay for my flight. I still have to pay for a car, etc... but it is soooo worth it. I have missed San Diego, and playing the piano soooo much. I can't wait to go. Hubby is a bit surprised I'm going though. His response, "Who are you and what have you done with my wife?" I have been terrified of Airplanes in the past. (Think of Meg Ryan's freak out episode on French Kiss magnified times 10 - that's me. I have had panic attacks on airplanes, tried to run out of my seatbelt, shredded paper to try to calm me down, and have been threatened by a drunk man once "I've been drinkin' Tequila since 4 A.M. and if you don't quiet down, I'm gonna make ya!" ) Needless to say, I don't like flying. I have done much better after I got married, but I have always vowed that I wouldn't fly without my whole family. If we die - we all go down together that way. Welll..... it is just Tink and I headed out on this trip, and I'm okay with that. I am ecstatic and not scared at all. I think that says something about how bad I've missed San Diego. At any rate.....I can't wait for a fun weekend. I'm leaving at the end of this month, and I'm counting down the hours! I hope to see some of my friends there before a lot of them graduate and move on. I also can't wait to show Tink the beach. Here I come!

4 comments:

Isa said...

Yeah! Can't wait to tend TINK!!!

puffbird said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! :D

kim said...

So fun!!!!! I'm jealous :)

Hey--I just sent you an email to the only email I had for you (a sdccu address) Does that still work? If not, maybe you have my email? My old ones are all still active. I just can't figure out how to get a phone number to you otherwise and don't want to post it on here! :)

kim said...

OK--that email just came back, so obviously isn't a good one, LOL.

We're coming up to SLC on Tuesday to go to the Children's Museum and wondered if you'd want to meet up with us? Hopefully we can work something out (and contact each other besides through the blog comments :)