Monday, November 15, 2010

October 13

This year Cade begged to be a part of my Halloween piano recital.  I really think he is too young to have one on one lessons, but I didn't want to squash his interest.  He picked out a piece called "Shout Boo."  I taught it to him by rote whenever he was interested, and we played it as a duet.  I have a video of it - but you can't hear a sound on it, because David was screaming the whole time......I'll have to try it again.  Cade did a great job, and it was fun for us to play together.  I had to keep explaining to my students and parents that even though his piece sounded really hard - he learned it by rote - not  by reading.......It was a good first exposure to piano for him though.  We'll see if he stays interested or not - but I'm decidedly not going to push.  If he wants to play great - but I'm not forcing him.  I've had one too many miserable students who didn't want to be there.  I won't put any other teacher through that!

No comments: