Saturday, September 11, 2010

August 23


They made me Captain of the H.M.S. Pinafore for the night backstage. The cast had a lot of fun dressing me up in Captain hats, Russian Captain hats, and sailor hats.  I really enjoyed playing dress up and meeting lots of fascinating new people.  I got detailed history lessons from a history professor about Algeria (loved that!)  - nonstop comedic laughs from the members of a comedy troupe - stories from someone who worked in an orphanage in Mozambique - stories from Kindergarten and Middle School math teachers- lots of classical music conversations with my 3 new gay friends - stories from moms about our crazy kids -  the inside scoop from the tech booth - and plenty of fun rides in the elevator up to the 8th floor to use the bathroom.  Even though I am terribly introverted - I still really find it refreshing to meet new people and love to listen to all the interesting things people have to say.  Yay for people!

No comments: