Wednesday, July 8, 2009

4th of July Festivities





So...here is a boring recap of my 4th of July. Boring for you to read. Fun for me to remember :) Spent my 4th in IF.
We had fun with Dustin and Melissa - newly engaged - Congrats! We played Bocce ball with them. They put us to shame. They are a cute couple.


Firework Show with the Cannon Fam on July 3rd. Snakes with Andrea, Sparklers with Grandpa, and can't say what it was that Grandma bought again to light off :) So funny, never pegged her for one to get such fun fireworks. She bought them on accident last year...this year....not so sure it was an accident!

Bubbles at Grandma Reeds with cousins. My sister Sarah and her 4 kids were up visiting. We had fun with Caleb, Adam, Emily, and got to meet baby Leah for the 1st time - along with Spencer (Becky's son). Fun to have all the cousins on that side together for a bit Ran the Firecracker 5K. Finished in 27:45 (I think that is my fastest 5K yet....not too fast, one day maybe I'll find some speed.)


Skipped the parade. Had cereal for lunch because I don't like picnic grub. I LOVE the 4th of July - despise the food. Hotdogs? Hamburgers? Potato Salad? Watermelon? come on - give me some veggies and pasta please!


Made homemade Rootbeer (Darth Vader Juice as Cade and Uncle Ben named it years ago) with Grandma Reed.


Skipped the big Fireworks show and that was plenty fine by me! We just did some family fireworks again, Nathan had a keyboard and played music for our little show and the kids had fun dancing. I enjoyed not being up so late. Happy 4th indeed!

1 comment:

Maria said...

Looks like loads of fun! I'm hoping we do get to all get together sometime soon! :)