Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Haircut, A KitKat, Flowers, A Chest, and A Bridge


My Boys and Me.... My Haircut....
My Chest.....

The Bridge....


The Bridge again....

I had a fantastic Mother's Day this year. A few days before I got a haircut. I whacked off a couple of inches - always fun. On Sunday, I got a KitKat at church, that David promptly devoured and smeared all over my outift :) Then, I got a really great decorative chest that Cade picked out. I also got flowers - so spoiled - I know.
After church we went to Logan. I wish we went to Logan for different reasons, but it ended up being a great trip. Eric's Grandma had a heart attack and broke her hip and isn't doing really well. We went to see her. Cade melted me by singing Happy Mother's Day To You to Great Grandma Cannon. We also had a great time visiting Great Grandma Cook. We went to have picnic lunch at Merlin Olsen Park while we were there. I love that park. I have some great memories there. Eric propsed to me on the bridge there and so I kind of am partial to it. Which brings me to my last mothers Day Gift - a bridge. I am a hopeless romantic - so I cauned Eric into allowing me to get a bridge for our yard. He asked me to marry him on a bridge, and I have a picture of that bridge hanging in our house, and now I will have my own smaller model bridge in my yard....when we get a yard. The bridge won't be over a pond or anything, probably just a dry rock bed (which Eric thinks is silly.) He can't understand the point of having a bridge that doesn't go over anything or to anywhere, but, nevertheless, he relented and got me my bridge. Gotta love that man.
Anyhow - I had a fantastic Mother's Day. I love being a mom, and I have two of the greatest kids ever. I know, every mom thinks that - but isn't it great - there is always someone out there to love and cheer on even the most difficult of kids. Hope everyone else had as great of a Mother's Day as I did, too!

1 comment:

Maria said...

Cute hair, cute boys, cute bridge...but I can't see your chest, your little buddy is sitting on your lap obscuring my view. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I know-I'm hilarious!

I'm glad you had such a fun Mother's Day!