Wednesday, October 1, 2008

5, 242, 650 : 6

5, 242, 650. That is the number of steps I took this summer from June 4 - September 27th. I entered the Weber Pathways Step it up Competition. You just had to wear a pedometer, and the person who clocked in the most steps won a day pack with a witer syphon thingy and a whole bunch of other stuff. I ended up winning. Walking has been my solution to boredom this summer. I'm taking at least a week off from walking now!

6 - that is the number of steps that Tink has taken this summer! On Saturday he took his first steps. Now that's a REAL accomplishment. I can't wait for him to start walking. Neither can Cadet. Cadet wanted to call everyone and tell them that Tink was walking. Cadet also wants to start potty-training Tink. "He can use my little toilet." Cadet proclaims. Ahh - if only it were that easy! I think he has a few more years before he gets the hang of that. Cadet thinks he can do it tomorrow. We'll just wait and see who wins this debate.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

That is a lot of walking! Every time I use a pedometer, the thing ends up sticking and it doesn't show as many steps than I really took. Good job!

Klixi Cannon said...

Way to go. I have the same problem with pedometers. I haven't been doing well at exercising lately. When I fall off the wagon it takes me a few months to catch the next one. I am trying to catch one soon to get back into the rythm before the holiday.

Thanks for the read Deb.