Monday, April 13, 2009

Micro Easter Dinner

Okay - so we have moved. Moving is always a mess. We still weren't really unpacked, and somehow I had been convinced to go back to my old ward on Easter Sunday and play for the Easter program. I didn't have a lot of time to think of your traditional Easter dinner. (oh okay, even if I would have had the time, I probably wouldn't have done much different!) I got asked to play last minute for a musical review show. I totally freaked the director out when I didn't make it to one of the last 2 rehearsals, and then told her I was going to have to sight read the show, because I couldn't get to my piano! (Since I'm not getting paid, I wasn't going to break my back trying to get ready for it.) Anyhow.... the 4 1/2 hour long rehearsals in the evenings have been keeping me up late and the performances, too. So Saturday night at about 11 p.m. after the show, I went to the grocery store. I picked up Asparagus, Stuffed Clams, and some Baked Potatoes (plain and sweet potatoes.) I microwaved my entire Easter dinner in tupperware in about 26 minutes flat. No hassle - little mess - pretty tasty, too. My kind of crazy micro meal. :) I'm so glad Eric puts up with me! Cooking is so not my forte. Here's a few pics of our great last minute meal, and Cade at the Easter Egg Hunt at Dinosaur Park. (I forgot to get any Easter Baskets or anything for the kids. So in the middle of our 4 hour cleaning session at the old house, I took a break and took them to an Easter Egg Hunt. ) Oh...thanks Mel and Dustin for watching the kids so Eric and I could clean! The poor college kids got stuck with Cade's poopy mess too - ohh - I can't wait till my 4 year old figures out the whole wiping thing a little better......









No comments: